266:113 Equipment Required Of Street Rods
Last revised 1992 § Leave a Comment
I. A vehicle registered as a street rod shall be equipped as prescribed by RSA 266 and state of New Hampshire official inspection station rules adopted pursuant to RSA 541-A, as they may be applicable to vehicles whose model year is prior to the year 1949.
II. Notwithstanding paragraph I, street rods shall be equipped with the following:
- (a) Hydraulic service brakes on all wheels.
- (b) Sealed beam or halogen headlamps.
- (c) Seat belts for all passengers.
- (d) Turn signal lamps and switch.
- (e) Safety glass or Lexan.
- (f) Electric or vacuum windshield wiper located in front of the driver.
- (g) Parking brake operating on at least 2 wheels on the same axle.
III. Notwithstanding the requirements of this subdivision, bumpers, fenders, and hoods shall be optional equipment. Exhaust systems discharging along the side of the vehicle shall be allowed, provided the exhaust discharge point is to the rear of the rear edge of the front door and such system shall exit exhaust gas away from the vehicle.
IV. The ground clearance for a street rod shall be such that the vehicle shall be able to be in motion and functional while on its 4 rims on a flat surface, and no part of the suspension, steering or chassis shall touch that surface. The director may adopt rules, pursuant to RSA 541-A, as are necessary to implement the provisions of this subdivision.
1992, 214:3, eff. Jan. 1, 1993.
Area of Law