263:91 Commercial Driver License
Last revised 1989 § Leave a Comment
I. The commercial driver license shall be marked “commercial driver license” or “CDL” or “nonresident commercial driver license” or “NRCDL” or “commercial driver learner permit” or “CDLP” and shall be, to the maximum extent practicable, tamper-proof, and shall include, but not be limited to, the following information:
- (a) The full legal name and current residential address of the licensee. A post office box number shall not constitute a current residential address;
- (b) The licensee’s color photograph;
- (c) A physical description of the licensee including sex, height, weight, eye and hair color;
- (d) Date of birth;
- (e) Social security number, if requested by the applicant;
- (f) Any number or identifier deemed appropriate by the department;
- (g) The licensee’s signature;
- (h) The class or type of commercial motor vehicle or vehicles which the person is authorized to drive together with any endorsements or restrictions;
- (i) The name of this state; and
- (j) The expiration date.
II. Before issuing a commercial driver license, the department shall ascertain from the commercial driver license information system and the national driver register (NDR) all available information pertaining to the driving record of the person to be licensed.
III. Within 10 days after issuing a commercial driver license, the department shall notify the commercial driver license information system of that fact, providing all information required to ensure identification of the person.
IV. The department shall maintain copies of all documents including, but not limited to, the application, commercial driver license issued, and any other documents pertaining to the licensee.
V. Within 10 days after suspending, revoking or cancelling a commercial driver license, the department shall notify the commercial driver license information system of that disqualification.
1989, 319:17, eff. July 1, 1989.
Area of Law