Last revised 2007 § Leave a Comment
In this chapter:
I. “Authority” means the New Hampshire rail transit authority.
II. “Government agency” includes any department, agency, commission, public corporation, bureau, authority, instrumentality, or political subdivision of:
- (a) The United States of America.
- (b) The state of New Hampshire.
- (c) Any state adjacent to New Hampshire.
III. “Municipality” means town as defined in RSA 21:5.
IV. “Regional planning commission” means any commission formed pursuant to RSA 36:46.
V. “Railroad lines” means railroad rights-of-way and any tracks, track appurtenances, ties, ballast, bridges, stations, yards, facilities, and other appurtenant structures located thereon or adjacent thereto.
VI. “Passenger rail service” means all services performed by a railroad pursuant to a contract with the authority in connection with the transportation of rail passengers including, but not limited to:
- (a) The operation of trains, trackage, and equipment.
- (b) The construction, reconstruction, or maintenance of railroad equipment, tracks, and appurtenant facilities.
- (c) The provision of trackage rights over lines owned by any such railroad.
VII. “Railroad” means any person, railroad corporation, or other legal entity in the business of providing rail transportation which contracts with the authority for the provision of passenger rail services.
Area of Law